Wednesday 25 March 2009

Patterns

A Pattern is a code you follow to help you knit something.
For example; to knit something like a hat, you might need to follow a pattern to help you complete it, so you know how many stitch row, and purls rows to do etc..

There are some patterns online you can follow, and you can get patterns from knitting shops, societies, magazines and books.

I found a video online that may help you out... Take a look!



So...basically all patterns are written in a code... So to understand it I have written the basics below! I hope you find this useful!

K (or k) Knit
P (or p) Purl
st (s) stitch (es)
ssk slip, slip, knit (Slip 2 consectutive sts then insert left needle back into the front of the 2 sts and k the two slipped sts together)
psso pass slip stitch over


There are many more to learn which I will show you when we move on to making something using a pattern... You excited?! I am! 






Laterz!Charlotte x

3 comments:

  1. Great Video! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool video, its kinda hard to follow patterns though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeh this vedio is great but the music gives me a migraine. lol!

    ReplyDelete